Meet Our Staff
Copyright © Fire Program Solutions,
1999, Web Pages by Acacia Services 11/03/99
Program Solutions is operated as a
limited liability company under the leadership of Donald W. Carlton. The Company was
originally formed in 1997 as a sole proprietorship and was reorganized as a Limited
Liability Company registered in Oregon in August, 1998. The company provides professional
processes, methods and analytical services which address issues facing the wildland fire
management programs of natural resource and structural fire protection agencies. Training
in the implementation of solutions to issues in wildland fire, fuels and resource
management is a specialty.
Mr. Carlton has demonstrated leadership exemplified by:
- Committee leadership for the completion of three USDA-FS & USDI National
Shared Resource Studies.
- Committee Chair of the NWCG Training Working Team's Fire Behavior Committee
leading the development of the fire behavior S-190, S-290, S-390 and S-490.
- Steering Committee Chair for three National Fire Behavior related courses
including RX-590, Prescribed Fire Behavior Analyst.
- Instructional and leadership
positions from 1981-1996 in
the S-590, Fire Behavior Analyst, and three other National courses.
Mr. Carlton brings education &
experience to the client's project:
- Master of Science Degrees In
Mathematics and Forestry (Wildland Fire)
- 21 Years Experience - USDA - Forest
Service (Retired January, 1997)
- Fire Protection Planning
Specialist - Forest Service PNW Region & BLM Oregon
- Assistant Fire Staff - Mt. Hood National Forest
- Professional Forester - Fuels Management at the District Level
- 14 Awards of Merit
- 12 Additional Fire Seasons With
Washington State DNR and USDA - Forest Service
At Retirement From Forest Service,
Mr. Carlton Held Red Card Qualifications:
- Wildland Fire Behavior Analyst
- Division/Group Supervisor
- Type 3 Incident Commander
- Structural Volunteer Firefighter
& Officer For 8 Years - Estacada RFD